Monday, July 21, 2008

Back From MN

We've been back from MN since Friday at 2am and while it was so hard to leave, it's been nice being back in our home. Here are some of the pictures from our trip. The first ones are from our pit stop at DQ in Missouri. This was part of our bi-annual DQ treat (it's been more like 8 months since our last one-see posting from December!). It was so refreshing on a day like that. Of course, Gabie was absolutely thrilled for this special treat!

Even at 7 years old, it's hard not to get it all over your face!

We spent most of our Minnesota visit with our friends the Nemitzs. They were very accomodating and had so much for the kids to do. The kids spent a lot of time in the pool (with the classic Minnesota blue-lips; you won't catch that happening down here in the Oklahoma summer!).

Here's Gabie's new best buddy in the pool, Joshie. These two finally started playing together instead of side-by-side. They laughed with each other and since we've been back to OK, Gabie's keeps asking "Where Josh?" He misses his buddy!

It has been nice to be back in my kitchen. I had some soba noodles (Japanese buckwheat noodles) that I've been wanting to try, so I made soba and veggie stir fry and cream cheese wontons. We make wontons very frequently, so Dylan and Vince did it this time all by themselves. Vince, of course, had to make a few peanut butter wontons. The only thing we were missing was chopsticks. Even with a fork, though, it was delicious (if I do say so myself)!

Oh-I also started a new blog page called Free Christian Homeschooling. I started it as a resource to current and prospective homeschooling families to find entirely free curriculum to homeschool without worrying about the financial costs of homeschool materials. I will continue to add resources as often as possible and eventually, I will plan on having curriculum for every subject and every grade. I have added the link to my favorite links section on this blog page. Please let me know what you think. Thanks!

No comments: